January 4-5 | Big Handy's Grounds
Quadrantids Camp 2020
EACH PARTICIPANT must fully accomplish the event registration form in order to secure your slot and be included in the official list of participants.
For those who availed the Event + Membership Bundle, don't forget to fill out the Membership Form in the Membership Tab
Few slots remaining! Please contact PAS for slots.
DEADLINE for Transfer of Slots is on December 31, 2019
Open to members and non-members
PHP 700.00 for members
PHP 1,100.00 for non-members
PHP 1,250.00 for event fee + membership fee bundle
> Round trip bus transportation (Cubao-Big Handy’s-Cubao)
> Entrance fee
> Camp fee
> Travel insurance policy
Payment is non-refundable, but transferable.
The Php 700.00 fee can be transferred to other members, while the Php 1,100 and Php 1,250 fee can be transferred to anyone.
Basic Astrophotography Workshop
Meteor Shower Observation
RAIN OR SHINE,
event shall still push through (except during cases of severe weather conditions due to storms or typhoon)
Frequently Asked Questions:
When and where is Quadrantids Camp 2020?
Is there electricity and signal reception in the campsite?
PAS Quadrantids Camp will be held on January 04 and 05, 2020 at Big Handy's Grounds, Brgy. Cuyambay, Tanay, Rizal
Big Handy’s Grounds is an off-the-grid campsite and there is neither electricity nor signal reception.
Who may attend Quadrantids Camp 2020?
Are there any accessible restrooms within the campsite?
This event is open to the public. PAS members are encouraged to join. Non-members are also welcome. Please note that participants must be at least 5 years old to join. Participants under the legal age of 18 years should be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian
There is a restroom and wash area, but water supply is limited
Are we allowed to bring our own vehicle?
How do I reserve and confirm my slot?
Before answering the online registration form, pay the event fee via deposit using the account details above. After payment, answer the survey registration form, and attach a photo of your deposit slip to reserve and confirm your slot. Confirmation shall be on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations without payments will not be entertained.
Because we care for your safety and we must depart as a group, PAS does not allow participants to bring their own vehicle. We also require ALL participants to gather at the meet-up venue (Jollibee, G/F AliMall, Cubao) during assembly time for headcount and attendance purposes. After the event, participants are allowed to be dropped of along the way going back to Cubao.
Can we bring alcohol?
Are there any places within the vicinity where we can buy food?
There are nearby sari-sari stores and participants are allowed to buy there. However, these stores close by 7:00 PM.
While PAS will also be having a mini booth where we will sell basic food items such as instant noodles, biscuit/cracker snacks, instant coffee, and hot water, it is highly encouraged that you bring your own packed food for the camp.
What should we bring?
Aside from the items listed in the infographic image above, participants are also encouraged to bring cameras and tripods to the event. However, flash photography is highly discouraged so as not to distract stargazers and astrophotographers.
Will the event push through even if it rains or it gets cloudy?
How will I know if I'm confirmed as a participant of Quadrantids Camp 2020?
Alcohol or any form of alcoholic beverage is strictly prohibited inside the campsite at all times.
A confirmation letter will be sent to your email within 3 days after submitting your registration form. There will also be an official list of participants posted and regularly updated on the event page. You may visit the event page to check your slot and bus assignment.
Is there a rental of tent?
None. We recommend that participants should bring their own tent for safety and security purposes.
This stargazing camp is a rain or shine event. As much as we closely monitor the weather, changes in weather patterns are still possible and can happen. However, if the organizers deem the weather conditions to be dangerous, it is our discretion to cancel the event. Just like everyone else, we always aim for clear skies and great weather.
The following policy applies to all stargazing camp events unless specified.
1. Stargazing events are open to members and non-members. It can only accommodate a specific number of participants, so kindly check if there are available slots before paying.
2. Those who wish to participate must secure payment of event fee before registering. This can be done via deposit through our PAS BPI account.
3. Payment is non-refundable, but transferable. If the payment is for:
3.1. Members - it can only be transferred to another PAS member
3.2. Non-members - it can be transferred to anyone.
3.3. Event fee plus membership package - it can be transferred to anyone including the membership fee
3.4. Kindly notify PAS for any transfer of slots at least five (5) days before the event.
4. Participants must keep a digital copy of their deposit slip for payment verification. This can be done by taking a photo of your deposit slip. If the deposit is done through mobile banking, take a screenshot of your transaction.
4.1. Payment for more than one (1) person is allowed (i.e payment for 3 persons in one transaction receipt).
4.2. If the payment is made for more than one participant, make sure to use the same deposit slip in registering the other participants.
5. EACH PARTICIPANT must accomplish the event registration form upon payment. Failure to register will result in your name to be not included in the official participants' list. PAS will not be held liable in case a participant failed to register.
6. Registered participants will receive an email confirming their slot. If one did not receive any confirmation email, kindly notify PAS regarding this concern.
7. Only registered participants, whose names are included in the official participants' list, are eligible to join the event.
8. Regularly check the event page to see if the registration is still open. Registration will be closed under the following circumstances:
8.1. Slots for the event are already filled.
8.2. Deadline for registration is already reached.
9. In case payment is done after the registration has closed, payment will be fully refunded a week after the event.