MAY 4 - 5 | BIG HANDY'S GROUNDS | TANAY, RIZAL
Eta Aquariid Meteor Shower Observation Camp 2019
EACH PARTICIPANT must fully accomplish the event registration form in order to secure your slot and be included in the official list of participants.
DEADLINE of transfer of slots is on April 28, 2019.
The registration for this event is now CLOSED.
Open to members and non-members. Children at least 5 years old and minors can also join provided that they are accompanied by an adult participant.
PHP 650.00 for members
PHP 1,000.00 for non-members
Fee is inclusive of roundtrip transportation (Cubao-Big Handy’s-Cubao), entrance fee, camp fee, and miscellaneous fees.
Payment is non-refundable, but transferable.
The Php 650.00 fee can be transferred to other members, while the Php 1,000 fee can be transferred to anyone.
RAIN OR SHINE,
event shall still push through (except during cases of severe weather conditions due to storms or typhoon)
Frequently Asked Questions:
When and where is Eta Aquariids Camp?
Is there electricity and signal reception in the campsite?
Are there any places within the vicinity where we can buy food?
Eta Aquariids Camp will be held on May 4 and 5, 2019 at Big Handy's Grounds, Brgy. Cuyambay, Tanay, Rizal
Big Handy’s Grounds is an off-the-grid campsite and there is neither electricity nor signal reception.
Who may attend Eta Aquariids Camp?
Are there any accessible restrooms within the campsite?
This event is open to the public. PAS members are encouraged to join. Non-members are also welcome. Children at least 5 years old and minors can also join provided that they are accompanied by an adult participant.
There is a restroom and wash area, but water supply is limited.
There are nearby sari-sari stores and participants are allowed to buy there. However, these stores close by 7:00 PM.
While PAS will also be having a mini booth where we will sell basic food items such as instant noodles, biscuit/cracker snacks, instant coffee, and hot water, it is highly encouraged that you bring your own packed food for the camp.
How do I reserve and confirm my slot?
Before answering the online registration form, pay the event fee via deposit using the account details above. After payment, answer the survey registration form, and attach a photo of your deposit slip to reserve and confirm your slot. Confirmation shall be on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations without payments will not be entertained.
Are we allowed to bring our own vehicle?
Because we care for your safety and we must depart as a group, PAS does not allow participants to bring their own vehicle. We also require ALL participants to gather at the meet-up venue (Jollibee, G/F AliMall, Cubao) during assembly time for headcount and attendance purposes. After the event, participants are allowed to be dropped of along the way going back to Cubao.
What should we bring?
Aside from the items listed in the infographic image above, participants are also encouraged to bring cameras to the event. However, flash photography is highly discouraged so as not to distract stargazers and astrophotographers.
Will the event push through even if it rains or it gets cloudy?
How will I know if I'm confirmed as a participant of Eta Aquariids Camp?
Can we bring alcohol?
Alcohol or any form of alcoholic beverage is strictly prohibited inside the campsite at all times.
There will be an official list of participants posted and regularly updated on the event page. You may visit the event page to check your slot and bus assignment.
Is there a rental of tent?
None. We recommend that participants should bring their own tent for safety and security purposes.
This stargazing camp is a rain or shine event. As much as we closely monitor the weather, changes in weather patterns are still possible and can happen. However, if the organizers deem the weather conditions to be dangerous, it is our discretion to cancel the event. Just like everyone else, we always aim for clear skies and great weather.
The following policy applies to all stargazing camp events unless specified:
1. Stargazing events are open to members and non-members, but are limited. To check for available slots, you may check our webpage: (https://www.philastrosociety.com/etaaquariids2019).
2. OFFICIAL REGISTRATION: Secure your slot by paying the registration fee FIRST by depositing through our PAS BPI account.
3. All payments are NON-REFUNDABLE but TRANSFERABLE:
3.1. For Members’ Fee (PHP 650) - this is transferable between PAS MEMBERS ONLY.
3.2. For Non-members’ Fee (PHP 1000) - this is transferable to ANYONE.
3.3. For TRANSFER OF SLOTS: Registered participants who wish to transfer their slots to others should ensure proper transfer transactions and new owners of slots to accomplish the registration form. Kindly notify PAS of the transfer of slots and name of new participant through email on or before APRIL 28, 5PM.
4. PROOF OF PAYMENT: Please keep a DIGITAL COPY OF YOUR DEPOSIT SLIP. You may take a photo of your deposit slip or through screenshot (for mobile banking).
4.1. If you are registering as a group, you may combine your payments using a single transaction receipt. Members of the group will also use this receipt as proof of payment when registering on the form.
5. PLEASE REGISTER AFTER PAYING: This will confirm your slot in the official participant list. PAS shall not be held liable in case a participant fails to register.
6. AFTER REGISTRATION: You will receive an email confirmation within three (3) days. If you didn’t receive the confirmation email, you may follow up by emailing in this format:
Email subject REGISTRATION FOR ETA AQUARIIDS 2019
7. Only registered participants will be included in the official participants' list and are eligible to join the event.
8. For updates on remaining available slots, please visit (event website page) to check if registration is still open. Registration will be closed on once all slots have been filled OR after April 28, 2019.
9. For payments made after closing of registration, payment will be fully refunded a week (7 calendar days) after the event.